Before I go into any finer details of this film I must state that Immortals was how Clash of the Titans SHOULD have been. Immortals has quickly become my favourite film of 2011. A brilliant, striking and tense motion picture that should be a classic in years to come and a part of every film buff's blu-ray collection!
Micky Rourke is definitely the right man for the character of King Hyperion. He plays the greedy, driven and thoroughly evil man with the correct amount of reality. Part of me would have loved to have lived in this era. To have been alive during the reign of the Gods and to have been aside so many buff, scantily clad stud muffins, I do think I would have fitted in well!
Henry Cavill, a rather new addition to the 'world's sexiest male' award, plays Theseus who would definitely get my vote! Although I hate to sounds cliche Cavill plays a believable hero and trustworthy leader. Alongside lovable rogue Stavros (Stephen Dorff) the two make one of the most mouth watering, eye-candy duos yet!
Moving away from the sex-appeal and my personal interest in the actors this film was just what I needed after the disappointment of Straw Dogs a week earlier. I was mightily impressed with the way the Gods were portrayed, filmed and adorned. Next to the puny humans the Gods looked, well, Godly! Everything about them oozed power and intellect. I particularly enjoyed watching the fight scene between the Gods and the Titans. The slow motion of the Gods and fast pace of the Titans was enough for an epic battle to take place.
Had the entire movie been shot this way it wouldn't have been as epic in its moment. The film needed to normal pace of the human race to counter act this. Theseus being a half God some of his movements were also in slow motion, which captured his strength and ability. Sewn together all the bits of this movie made for an amazing 3D film.
If I have to be picky the only area I could have seen for improvement was Mount Olympus. I would have liked to have seen more of it and in more detail, depicting clearly and boldly where the Gods resided. As the only negative I believe this proves what an awesome few hours I had when watching this film. I recommend to all, especially if you have a fetish for Greek mythology like me!
***** 5 Stars (and I'd give it more if I could!)
No comments:
Post a Comment