I felt this film could go one of two ways. Either it would be epic, old-school and challenging, or it would be predictable, a little lackluster and not worth a second viewing.
The idea was incredibly clever, although not particularly original. There were some similarities to the epic Shutter Island although during the film I failed to place these familiarities. Unfortunately, whether due to the previous production of Shutter Island and other such films Dream House missed the mark slightly.
I felt comfortable viewing this film for the first time and yet inside my head I decided early on not to bother buying the production on DVD nor attempting to watch it again. It becomes clear some time before the end how the story will be tied up and without spoiling the story line it becomes quickly obvious whodunnit!
I am not a big fan of Daniel Craig as an actor but I believed Rachel Weisz would bring something special to the production. Although her acting skills were up to standard I think the story line itself left little to experiment with. (But what do I know, I'm not an actress!). Having seen a trailer for the new Clive Owen film, Intruders, I am eager to see how the two films differ. I believe they are a similar idea and as a fan of Clive Owen I hope I enjoy this next thriller more so!
I would ask you, as always, to make up your own mind and not take my word as gospel. However, I wouldn't pay to see it again and don't think you should waste good money on this one!
*** 3 Stars
No comments:
Post a Comment