Well, this film certainly did NOT disappoint! An explosion of action, emotion, homemade comic-book costumes and swearing.
I do hope they make a Kick-Ass 3 and fans come to the cinema dressed as their own super heroes/villains! Beats the twilight fans that came in with glitter on their faces :/
Anyway, back to the subject of comic book meets hollywood genius! I admit I was expecting a lot and as I have proven countless times with past reviews this often equals disappointment. My expectations can sometimes be too high and are not met. Kick-Ass 2 does not fall into that category. Although completely and utterly different it falls into the same slot as Man of Steel in the way that they both absolutely blew me away.
The original line up alongside tight fitting spandex and heightened comedy, throw in some teenage hormones, Jim Carey, John Leguizamo and Mother Russia and BOOM! One hundred and three minutes of movie heaven. There are, as expected from the first film, some rather serious and shocking moments which only adds to the overall impact.
If I had to have one moan (and it pains me to do this but I am a critic) it would be that the tension between Hit Girl and Kick-Ass builds and builds and ultimately amounts to nothing.
We want more lust...not romance though, that's for sissies. But that's just me being super picky. As you've probably noticed, I loved it and profess that everyone should watch it. If you haven't seen the first one...go catch up, you're missing out.
<3 John Leguizamo <3
<3 Mother Russia vs Cops scene <3
<3 'do you not think that's a little bit completely racist?' <3
5 Stars *****
P.s. Watching this makes you realise just how good the remake of Carrie is going to be (starring Chloe Grace Moretz).
No comments:
Post a Comment