Friday, 23 August 2013

Batfleck controversy

Considering the reaction the news about Ben Affleck doning the batsuit has caused I thought I should post about it too.
Nothing like jumping on the band wagon!

It seems to have hit a nerve, most social networkers appear to hate the decision and keyboard warrior hate for Affleck has comensed.
Personally, I think people loved films such as
Argo, Dogma, Paycheck, The Town etc. And I'm pretty sure directors choose people based on their own experience and knowledge of the industry. Look what happened when Anne Hathaway was cast as Catwoman. Everybody stopped and said 'what?' But it totally worked, she nailed it!
So, all you doubters, firstly: are you a director? No, I thought not.
Secondly, are you an actor? No, sorry youtube videos do not count.
And finally, at least give him a chance! Get off your high horse and stop pretending to know what's to come. If it's bad it doesn't necessarily mean it was down to Affleck. If it's brilliant I'll watch you all eat your words (or pretend like you secretly thought it was a good idea in the first place).
Mr Affleck probably doesn't care what we think because he's making money, he's batman and 'any press is good press'!


<3 Ben Affleck <3

No comments:

Post a Comment