Before I begin here's a quick tip:
WATCH BATMAN BEGINS, then The Dark Knight and then go to the cinema and settle down for two hours of awesomeness.
If you saw this film and had not seen either of the first two, you are an idiot. If you saw this film having only seen The Dark Knight you will be disappointed and probably craving some Joker action (despite Heath Ledger's untimely death).
The Dark Knight Rises is darker, more heart pounding and ultimately more fierce than the previous two. Christopher Nolan can only be proud of this creation.
Before watching the film I was apprehensive of two aspects of the movie:
1, Anne Hathaway. My reaction to her casting was speechlessness. My reaction to her portrayal of Selina Kyle was much the same. Hathaway absolutely nailed it with this envisioning of the infamous jewelry thief and totally wiped any distant memory of her being a Princess Bride from my mind!
2, Bane's mask. I didn't feel his voice carried as much fear as it ought to. Having seen the film twice I still feel the same, however, Hardy's acting skills overpower any doubts circulating your mind.
Christian Bale delivers the knock out performance we expect of him now, Michael Caine pulled on all the emotions a stand-in father figure could and Morgan Freeman brings the party with his gadgets and humor. Joseph Gorden-Levitt absolutely soars during this film and adds the icing topping to a cake full of excellent acting skills and entertainment.
Costume is not always a topic discussed in reviews although if you have followed this blog you will see a brief mention in the quick review of Mirror Mirror. The costumes designs and the way in which they were worn only add to the immense success of this film. Especially Bane's mask and fur-lined coat combination.
It is hard to put into word exactly how much I loved this film and how it was evidently so well executed. This will be an excruciatingly hard film to follow especially if any other director wants to tackle Batman again in the future.
As with all films there are critics, to those who dislike this film or think they know ways in which to improve it I say this:
Let us see you make a film with such a cast and direct it this meticulously.
To the rest of you:
If you haven't seen this epic end to the Dark Knight's journey please do, I urge you to expand your horizons! If you have seen it, well you already know what I'm babbling about!
5 Massive golden stars! *****
No comments:
Post a Comment