Friday, 8 November 2013

It's been too long...

Summer is over, winter is coming. Here are some movie reviews for you to mull over!

Grown Ups 2: Underrated. Ridiculous in parts but Adam Sandler proves he still has it when it comes to movies. Very funny with a great cast. 
4 Stars ****
<3  'There's a raft in there?' *pulls cord* 'who did that?''<3

2 Guns: There was never any doubt that this would anything but witty, action packed and clever. With a cast made up of Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington it was bound to be good. Thoroughly entertaining. 4 Stars **** 
<3 Wahlberg's wink <3

We're the Millers: Outrageously funny, I couldn't breathe in parts. Jennifer Aniston looks amazing in her underwear and Jason Sudeikis is hilarious! Definitely one to store in the DVD/Blu-ray collection! 5 Stars ***** 
<3 'watch out for bears, you won't be able to see them' <3
<3 'roman candle' <3
<3 The Fireworks <3



Saving Mr Banks: I was lucky enough to see a preview of this upcoming film starring Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks. If you are a fan of Mary Poppins and a true Brit then this film is for you. Suitable for the whole family it certainly tugs on the heart strings. An absolute gem that is sure to do well in the box office. 5 Stars *****

<3 Penguins <3
<3 Emma Thompson <3


Dead Man Down: An original and refreshing take on revenge. I am a big fan of Noomi Rapace and Colin Farrell so I was expecting to enjoy this anyway. 3.5 Stars ****
<3 Darcy <3

Byzantium: Not even slightly what I expected. A traditional vampire story told in modern-ish times. I felt it was quite flat, uneventful and colourless. Disappointing. 1 Star *
<3 Daniel Mays <3


Machete Kills: Nowhere near the standard of the first. This film tries FAR too hard to be cheesy and ludicrous. Machete worked despite the cheese but this dreadful sequel isn't worth the time. We didn't actually make it through the whole viewing and left with about 45 minutes still left to go. 0 Stars

Turbo: I wasn't expecting much from this given the time of year it's been released and the predictable story line. Unfortunately for me everything has been done before so the originality has to come from somewhere else. The creators of Turbo managed this task. I enjoyed everything from the artwork to the soundtrack. 4 Stars ****
<3 Chet <3

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: With the array of foodimals on show this film had a lot of potential. The foodimals pulled through but the film did not. with the addition of 'live corp' boss Steve (who resembled Steve Jobs at Apple quite a bit) the film lost it's uniqueness and sense of fun. I was truly disappointed! 2 Stars ** 
<3 The Marshmallows <3
<3 Barry <3 

Thor: The Dark World: In a word- awful. There were parts of the movie I liked but on the whole I thought it made viking Gods appear as cheesy, useless aliens who can't decide if they want to help the people of Earth or not. The entire story grated on me and if it wasn't for the superb acting from Christopher Eccleston and Tom Hiddleston I probably would have left early. Alas, I stayed so I could fully review the film for you but I'm sorry Marvel fans, it doesn't look good. 2 Stars **
<3 Idris Elba and his golden eyes <3
<3 Loki <3

Escape Plan: Turn your mind off and enjoy the action. There is a decent story line to boot! With Arnie and Stallone taking front and centre this film is exactly as you'd expect but with unexpected twists. Thoroughly entertaining. 3.5 Stars ****
<3 Arnie <3

Riddick: Disastrous. Almost identical to Pitch Black, there was no point in making this film other than to extort more money from people and show that Vin Diesel has still got it (which he most definitely does). However it proved a waste of time viewing and I will never recover that spent time. 0 Stars.
<3 Vin Diesel's Dog <3

Pain and Gain: Bazaar. This film was like nothing I've ever seen before. Unfortunately the odd qualities didn't really work in the film's favour. It was a mash of comedy, real life and action that blew up creating a mess of laughable, body building maniacs. I would state that to understand my review you should watch the film but it is far too long and I'm not really sure you should. A very confused 2 Stars **
<3 Anthony Mackie <3

Place Beyond the Pines: Another film that didn't deliver. The beginning was promising but the film was slow and I soon lost interest. I have never been a big fan of Eva Mendes and I certainly wasn't a fan of Bradley Cooper's son but my own personal opinions aside this film wasn't as clever as it thought. 1 Star *
<3 Ryan Gosling (obviously) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment